Are you planning to go on an ultimate beach vacation or adventure? Since it’s summer here in the Philippines, you should go check out Dakak Park and Beach Resort in Dapitan City. Dakak has so much to offer so you have plenty of choices and you won’t run out of activities to do.
The beach was so inviting when we arrived so we jumped right away after leaving our stuff in our villa. Can’t wait? Here are 5 awesome things to do in Dakak!
1. Exercise and tone some muscles by KAYAKINGKayaking with my friend was my first activity! Although the wind was a little bit strong, we never stopped. There were a few times when we’re just struggling on the shore which was so funny but we didn’t mind it. We just tried and tried until we got farther and after a few strokes, tadaaa, we’re up and running!It was just-for-the-heck-of-it kind of fun and we did it for only 30 minutes. My arms were painful after kayaking. It was sort of a laugh trip and probably a test of endurance. The best part was we had the beach to ourselves that day so it was a nice afternoon to go kayaking and swimming.
2. Try their swimming pools!This may be lame for some but if you’re the swimmer type, why not right? After all, it’s part of what you pay for. They have a kiddie pool and we spent some time there before we discovered that there were actually big swimming pools!My friend and I didn’t know how to swim despite our love for the beach so we just rented life buoys – yup the ones that kids use. 😉
3. Breakfast by the beach ♥Fast forward to Saturday morning which was also our last day in Dakak, we forced ourselves to wake up early because the breakfast buffet was waiting.Breakfast by the beach is what dreams are made of! Don’t skip this! In our case, it was part of the package we paid for. It was certainly a BREAKFAST BUFFET! I’ve never seen so many breakfast options in my life.
4. Zipline and Horseback Riding!!!After eating, we hurriedly went to the lobby to book for zipline and horseback riding, Php500 for both. We waited for our 4WD ride and headed straight to the horse stable. The view going to the site was really amazing. The weather was so perfect too, I felt like an extreme sports enthusiast! I got more scared of the horseback riding than the zipline though! I was overwhelmed when the guide allowed me to control the horse on my own. I felt like a real cowgirl. But that was just the icing on the cake. The real thing we’re waiting for was the ZIPLINE!!! We’ve heard that it’s Asia’s longest and fastest dual zipline and I couldn’t just miss it! If I’m given a special power, I wanna be able to fly like Superman so I opted for the “superman” flying position. After horseback riding, our horse led us directly to the zipline zone. We geared up and made sure everything was safe. Only 3 out of the 5 of us did the zipline. I flew solo while my 2 friends flew together. It was truly an adrenaline switch and an amazing experience.AND IT WAS SO FAST I WANNA DO IT AGAIN!!! Can I have like 5 rounds of it?
5. Go to Fantasy Land! Like, really. In our case, it was part of the resort’s package. We had tickets for unlimited rides in Fantasy Land but we hadn’t really used up everything. We went there on our first night and there was a private shuttle bus that picked us up so no worries about transportation. Don’t ever skip the horror house!!! Please? It’s the best horror house in my life ever. No joke. It’s probably the longest 5 minutes of my life too! But seriously though, skip this if you’re faint-hearted. 😉After the horror house, we tried all the rides that we could and the best part was the roller coaster! It’s not as challenging as bigger theme parks but it gave us our much-needed thirst for adventure. Too bad I didn’t get a photo. There you go! Hope you got some ideas if ever you want to visit Dakak in the future.This post originally appeared in Blissful Snapshots.